This policy is updated from time to time and the latest version of the policy is published on this page.
What Data do we Collect
- 1.1 We may collect, store and use the following personal information:
- - Your Name;
- - Your Contact information including email address and telephone no.;
- - Your location, IP address, browser type and operating system, website browsing patterns and purchase history;
- - Your payment details and billing address;
- - Demographic information such as postcodes, preferences, interests and hobbies;
- - Any other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
- 1.2 Please note that the above information may be collected by us via various ways including when you request for more information, purchase course(s) directly from our website, and participate in surveys, promotions or any other feature of this website. Further, information might be collected by using common online collection methods like web browser cookies and other common tools. Moreover, we collect information via third parties like social media websites including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, etc. that you connect to and which may give us information about you.
How we use this Data
- 2.1 The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our products and services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes;
- 2.1.1 To provide you with the information requested by you relating to the products listed on our website and to provide information on other products which we may feel may be of interest to you, if you have consented to receive such information;
- 2.1.2 To facilitate and process your orders for course(s) purchased directly from our website;
- 2.1.3 To provide you with access to certain areas and features of this website;
- 2.1.4 To send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages, service bulletins, marketing messages and requested information including on behalf of our Merchants and Business Partners;
- 2.1.5 To notify you about any changes to our website such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service;
- 2.1.6 To provide third parties with statistical information about our users but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information;
- 2.1.7 To manage our everyday business needs, such as administration of the website, forum management, fulfilment, analytics, fraud prevention, etc.
- 2.1.8 To verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website;
- 2.1.9To comply with our legal obligations, resolving disputes and enforce our agreements; and
- 2.1.10For Internal Record keeping purposes.
Disclosing your information
- 3.3 We are not in a business of selling or renting of personal data. We will not share your personal data, except as follows:
- 3.3.1 With Merchants, so that they can deliver the course(s) purchased by you;
- 3.3.2 With your consent or as otherwise required or permitted by law;
- 3.3.3 To combat fraud or criminal activity, and to protect our rights or those of our Merchants or Affiliated Business Partners and users, or as a part of legal proceedings affecting Course Library Ltd.;
- 3.3.4 To the purchaser or prospective purchaser of any or all of our business and/or our assets;
- 3.3.5 To comply with legal orders and government requests, or as needed to support auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions.
- 3.4 We encourage our Merchants and Business Partners to adopt and post privacy policies. However, while we share your personal data with these partners only for the above mentioned purposes, their subsequent processing and use of your personal data obtained through us is governed by their own privacy policies and practices which are not subject to our control.
Controlling Your Personal Information
- 4.1 The personal data provided by you might be used for the different purposes as explained above but you can manage the types of personal data you provide to us.
- 4.2 At the time of collection of information for particular purposes like promotional offers and marketing campaigns, an “opt-out” option would be available depending on different circumstances. An opt-out option means you indicate that you do not want us to send any communication regarding various promotional offers and various other marketing campaigns and product information.
- 4.3 You can manage your subscriptions by following the subscription management instructions contained in any commercial emails that we send to you. You may choose to subscribe to some types of emails, and may choose not to subscribe to, or to unsubscribe from others. You may update your subscription at any time.
- 4.4 If you have previously agreed to us to use your personal information for communication purposes, you have an option to change your mind at any time by writing to us at Course Library Ltd. Unit 6, Waterside Drive, Langley, SL3 6EZ, United Kingdom or e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- 4.5 Even if you decide to Opt-in or Opt-out, not to subscribe or unsubscribe, from promotional e-mail messages, we may still need to contact you with important transactional information related to your purchases.
- 4.6You may request us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to:
- 4.6.1 Payment of a nominal fee of £10; and
- 4.6.2 The supply of appropriate evidence of your identity which will be usually a photocopy of your passport / full driving license certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address.
- 4.7If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us or e-mail us as soon as possible, at the above mentioned address.
Security of Your Personal Information
- 5.1 We at Course Library Ltd. are committed to ensuring that your information is secure and for this purpose we have taken certain standard security measures. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place certain physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
- 5.2 We will store all the personal information which you provide to us on our secure servers.
- 5.3 All electronic financial transactions entered into through our website will be protected by encryption technology.
- 5.4 You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- 6.2 A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse the traffic and knows when you visit a particular website. Cookies allows web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web applications can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. Cookies helps us to analyse data about the website traffic and improve our website.
- 6.3 Cookies do not give us access to your computer or any other data of yours, other than the information which is shared by you to us. Furthermore, you may choose to accept or decline the cookies but it must be noted that some web browsers automatically accept cookies. You may log-in to your web browser settings and amend the settings to decline cookies if you prefer to.
- 6.4 In case you opt for this option, you might not be able to take full advantage of the website.
Links to third party websites
Data Protection Registration
- 8.1 We are registered as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner’s Officer and our data protection registration number is ZA216685.